Epiroc to own all of ASI Mining

Utah-based firm is a specialist in autonomous mining equipment

Epiroc has agreed to acquire the remaining share of U.S.-based autonomous mining solutions company ASI Mining. Epiroc already owns 34% of the company, which it acquired in 2018. The acquisition regards the remaining 66% of the company. Terms were not disclosed.

ASI Mining is based in Mendon, Utah. The company, a subsidiary of Autonomous Solution Inc., is a provider of mining automation systems, such as remote control, teleoperation, and fully autonomous solutions.

Epiroc said its solutions are OEM agnostic, meaning they work regardless of machine brand and fit well for mixed fleets. The solutions strengthen mine safety and productivity while lowering emissions and total cost of operation.

ASI Mining had revenues of about US $28 million (MSEK 300) in 2023. 

Epiroc An illustration of ASI Mining’s solutions on a mine truck. (Photo: Epiroc)

“Epiroc and the innovative team at ASI Mining are already collaborating closely to bring the most advanced automation solutions to mining customers,” said Helena Hedblom, Epiroc’s President and CEO. “We look forward to complementing their solutions fully with our offering and together continue supporting customers on their automation journey.”

The acquisition of the remaining share requires regulatory approval from U.S. authorities, and is expected to be completed in the third quarter 2024. 

Besides its headquarters in Utah, ASI Mining has an Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) support center  in Perth, Australia. The company’s support resources are combined with Epiroc’s global customer center locations allowing for AHS support in over 150 countries worldwide. This includes front-end project planning, operational readiness support, deployment, optimization, training, safety, risk management, and AHS site support options. Customers can choose site support options as well as parts warehousing and logistical support.


Receive the information you need when you need it through our world-leading magazines, newsletters and daily briefings.

Sign up


The trusted reference and buyer’s guide for 83 years

The original “desktop search engine,” guiding nearly 10,000 users in more than 90 countries it is the primary reference for specifications and details on all the components that go into engine systems.

Visit Now

Becky Schultz Vice President of Content Tel: +1 480 408 9774 E-mail: [email protected]
Julian Buckley Editor Tel: +44 (0) 1892 784088 E-mail: [email protected]
Chad Elmore Managing Editor Tel: +1 262 754 4114 E-mail: [email protected]
Josh Kunz Power Progress Brand Manager Tel: +1 414 379 2672 E-mail: [email protected]
Roberta Prandi Power Progress International Brand Manager Tel: +39 334 6538183 E-mail: [email protected]