CNH Industrial said to be cutting workers in Wisconsin

According to local news reports, CNH is reducing its Wisconsin-based workforce by 200 to 220 workers. The United Auto Workers Local 180, which represents the Mount Pleasant (Racine County) facility, said workers were notified of “indefinite layoffs” in mid-March.

Case agricultural tractor Photo: KHL Staff

Reductions of up to another 170 employees could occur by 2026, reports stated, further shrinking employment at the plant, which was at roughly 660 workers prior to the announced cuts.

The Mount Pleasant plant produces agricultural equipment sold under the Case and New Holland brands. The staff reductions at the facility are part of a company-wide reorganization plan – stemming largely from weaker farm machinery demand – announced in November 2023.

CNH Industrial said the plan’s aim is to reduce its workforce by 5% and reduce total workforce expenses by 10% to 15%. The company already announced a “streamlining” of its senior leadership team as part of the plan.

Reports indicated some of the company’s operations may be moved to Mexico as part of the reorganization.

A notice of layoffs for the Mount Pleasant facility has yet to be filed with the state, with some reports citing the decision as “tentative.”


Receive the information you need when you need it through our world-leading magazines, newsletters and daily briefings.

Sign up


The trusted reference and buyer’s guide for 83 years

The original “desktop search engine,” guiding nearly 10,000 users in more than 90 countries it is the primary reference for specifications and details on all the components that go into engine systems.

Visit Now

Becky Schultz Vice President of Content Tel: +1 480 408 9774 E-mail: [email protected]
Julian Buckley Editor Tel: +44 (0) 1892 784088 E-mail: [email protected]
Chad Elmore Managing Editor Tel: +1 262 754 4114 E-mail: [email protected]
Josh Kunz Power Progress Brand Manager Tel: +1 414 379 2672 E-mail: [email protected]
Roberta Prandi Power Progress International Brand Manager Tel: +39 334 6538183 E-mail: [email protected]